In episode #11, “First Amendment: Freedom of Religion & Tyrants,” I will discuss what the first amendment is and how the states must adhere to it. In addition, I will explain how governors across the United States are in contempt of the Constitution and are using this crisis to abuse their power.
To keep up to date join my newsletter to stay on top of important issues and events. Thank you, and enjoy the episode.
New Book Firestorm:
When History is Erased https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084VQ48Q5
The sales from the book help me continue researching and sharing this information with you.
1. CDC. Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm (2020).
2. Kallingal, M. Ankle monitors ordered for Louisville, Kentucky residents exposed to Covid-19 who refuse to stay home. CNN https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/kentucky-coronavirus-residents-ankle-monitors-trnd/index.html (2020).
3. GENERAL, A. Federal Law Protections for Religious Liberty. (2017).
4. Miller, A. M. Baptist church members given $500 tickets for listening to church service in their cars via radio in parking lot. Washington Examiner https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/baptist-church-members-given-500-tickets-for-listening-to-church-service-in-their-cars-via-radio-in-parking-lot (2020).
5. Colen, A. AG William Barr warns states against singling out religious gatherings when enforcing social distancing. TheBlaze https://www.theblaze.com/news/ag-william-barr-warns-states-against-singling-out-religious-gatherings-when-enforcing-social-distancing (2020).
6. First Amendment.
7. Amendment 1.
8. Flynn, M. & Stanley-Becker, I. Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly sues GOP lawmakers for revoking her order limiting church gatherings. Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/10/kansas-governor-lawsuit-coronavirus/ (2020).
9. Ernst, D. Minneapolis grants noise permit for ‘historic’ Ramadan call to prayer in major U.S. city. The Washington Times https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/24/minneapolis-grants-noise-permit-for-historic-ramad/ (2020).
10. 14th Amendment. LII / Legal Information Institute.
11. Establishment Clause. LII / Legal Information Institute.
12. Free Exercise Clause. LII / Legal Information Institute.
13. Incorporation Doctrine. LII / Legal Information Institute.
14. Due Process. LII / Legal Information Institute.
15. First Amendment and Religion. United States Courts.
16. Wallace, D. Louisiana pastor breaks house arrest to hold Sunday service amid coronavirus stay-at-home orders. Fox News https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-pastor-house-arrest-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus-tony-spell (2020).
17. Coleman, J. Louisiana pastor defies stay-at-home order, house arrest to hold services. MSN https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/louisiana-pastor-defies-stay-at-home-order-house-arrest-to-hold-services/ar-BB13ebmr (2020).
18. Hall, C. Bill de Blasio Threatens to Arrest Mourning Jewish Citizens. Mediaite https://www.mediaite.com/news/mayor-bill-de-blasio-catches-hell-for-threatening-to-arrest-jewish-citizens-who-gather-in-large-groups/ (2020).
19. Freedom of Religion and the Establishment Clause. LawShelf Educational Media https://lawshelf.com/coursewarecontentview/freedom-of-religion-and-the-establishment-clause/.
20. Ducharme, J. This Past Flu Season Was the Longest in 10 Years, the CDC Says. Time https://time.com/5610878/2018-2019-flu-season/ (2019).