In episode #12, “HR 6666, the Overview,” I show the dangers in this bill and share some insight. This is a multi-part podcast that will dive into 4th Amendment violations and privacy issues surrounding contact tracing.
This bill authorizes the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to award grants for testing, contact tracing, monitoring, and other activities to address COVID-19 (i.e., coronavirus disease 2019). Entities such as federally qualified health centers, nonprofit organizations…H.R. 66661
- Bobby L. Rush. H.R.6666. (2020).
- Massachusetts Contact Tracing Program Handed to Clinton-Linked NGO with Questionable Past. MintPress News https://www.mintpressnews.com/massachusetts-contact-tracing-partners-in-health-clinton/267534/ (2020).
- WATCH, J. Census Bureau Still Hiring Felons, Child Sex Offenders Pass Background Check. Judicial Watch https://www.judicialwatch.org/corruption-chronicles/census-bureau-still-hiring-felons-child-sex-offenders-pass-background-check/ (2019).
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing. Coursera https://www.coursera.org/learn/covid-19-contact-tracing?edocomorp=covid-19-contact-tracing.
- Event 201. Center for Health Security https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/ (2019).
- Medically Underserved Areas and Populations (MUA/Ps). Bureau of Health Workforce https://bhw.hrsa.gov/shortage-designation/muap (2016).
- ID2020. Welcome the City of Austin to the ID2020 Alliance! Medium https://medium.com/id2020/welcome-the-city-of-austin-to-the-id2020-alliance-76b0ebe6776 (2019).
- SSA, O. Standards for information transactions and data elements. https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title11/1173.htm#ft246.
- 5G: A Blessing or a Curse. https://www.buzzsprout.com/906265/3254200-5g-a-blessing-or-a-curse.
- THOMAS, J. P. 5G From Space: 20,000 Satellites To Blanket The Earth. Technocracy News https://www.technocracy.news/5g-from-space-20000-satellites-to-blanket-the-earth/ (2019).
- McFall-Johnsen, M. SpaceX’s license to launch hundreds of internet satellites may have violated the law, experts say. Astronomers could sue the FCC. Business Insider https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-starlink-satellite-license-fcc-environmental-law-2020-1 (2020).
- [USC02] 42 USC 290dd-2: Confidentiality of records. vol. 42 (2020).
- Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347 | Casetext Search + Citator. https://casetext.com/case/katz-v-united-states-2.
- 45 CFR § 164.514 – Other requirements relating to uses and disclosures of protected health information. 164.514.